5 Tips to Improve Your Skins Health
Posted on February 11 2021
6 Tips to Improve Your Skins Health
The best route to natural beauty and healthy skin is to take care of what you have. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? The truth is that your skin takes a beating from the environment every single day.
Here are some of my favorite beauty tips for keeping your skin fresh and healthy:
- Stay hydrated, drink water! That does not mean soda, caffeine, or any other type of liquid, even if it is low cal. Soda (even diet soda) has a high concentration of sodium. Sodium retains fluids. You need fluid that will hydrate and flush your body free of toxins. Make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses a day!
- Protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. We all love the sun. We love being in it and we love having a beautiful tan. The truth is you can poison yourself with too much sunshine. UV rays cause skin cancer and if that isn’t bad enough it causes your skin to age faster than it should, contributing to wrinkles. If you must play in the sun, make certain you are using an adequate sunscreen. Don’t leave home without it!
- Keep your skin clean. Wash your face every day and apply masks 1-3 times per week for some extra love.
- Eat healthily. Knowing how and what to eat, can make a huge difference in how you feel. Improper eating habits can cause depression, weight gain, illness and overall lethargy. It also doesn’t help your skin. So make sure to eat fruits and veggies!
- Don't worry, be happy. A happy outlook appears to trigger the release of endorphins. Endorphins relax the cardiovascular system and cytokines which alert the immune system to pay attention to detecting abnormalities like cancer cells. Listen carefully to yourself. If you have put yourself down since childhood, over a lifetime, negative subliminal messages can take their toll by turning you into a pessimist. Spend one week writing down the phrases you use in your “self-talk.” Chances are you will find that you repeat a dozen or so phrases over and over again that reinforce that negative image. If you know about them, you can change them. Outer beauty and inner joy go hand in hand.
Here are a few quick tips for increasing joy, hope, and optimism that will work no matter what your age:
Make a list of at least 10 great things that happen to you every day.
Laugh a lot. You’ll heal your body and your mind.
Discover a new challenge each month.
Try meditating for just five minutes each day.