5 Reasons you should be using a lip scrub
With winter just around the corner its important that we pay extra attention to this delicate area. The lips are one of the first places to show signs of dryness. Usually due to environmental factors such as sun, wind, and dry air. Indoor heaters don't help either. It's important to use a nourishing lip balm/butter to keep the lips hydrated and protected. But the key first step is a gentle lip scrub, here's why.
1. Exfoliating lips can help eliminate some of the dry, flaky skin that builds up and helps to restore some shine.
2. Helps to soften and smooth the lips. By lightly lightly rubbing the lips in a circular motion you are not only manually exfoliating the skin but you are stimulating circulation and bringing more blood flow to the lips. Making the lips appear more plump.
3. Helps other lip products absorb better. Other lip products can't penetrate the delicate lip area through a layer of dead skin. Without exfoliation your products will just sit on top not able to do its job.
4. Extremely beneficial during the cold dry seasons. Now that the weather is getting cooler and air is getting drier and the wind picks up, heaters are on, our lips tend to be dryer during these months. Using a lip scurb as a weekly (or more) ritual will help keep dry parched lips at bay.
5. Primes the lips for makeup by creating a smooth canvas. The perfect prep for any lip makeup application. Helps the product glide on smoothly.